To evade death, one tinkerer must court it—by working for the cyborg circus.
COMING FALL 2020.
- TITLE: The Cyborg Tinkerer
- AGE CATEGORY: Adult
- GENRE: Steampunk/space opera mashup with fantasy elements
- PUBLICATION DATE: Fall 2020
- PUBLISHER: iWriterly LLC
- COMP TITLES: Treasure Planet meets John Scalzi’s The Collapsing Empire in this LGBTQ+ steampunk fairytale mashup.
- FAIRYTALES: Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty
“Belle” falls in love with both the Beast and Sleeping Beauty. And who’s to say she has to pick only one?
A circus competition. A tinkerer tasked with removing the losing cyborgs’ implants. Who is she to protect when she falls for both the handsome ringleader and a beautiful acrobat?
In a deadly circus competition, even hearts are on the line.
Gwendolyn Grimm had intended to seduce men and women across the galaxy while working as a ship tinkerer for the finest vessels in the Crescent Star System. Alas, terminal illness is a buzzkill. When a life-saving opportunity struts into her life dressed in a pinstripe suit, she is made an offer she can’t refuse: become a cyborg and work as a tinkerer for Cirque du Borge, the once renowned cyborg circus.
The problem is, making new cyborgs has been recently banned and becoming one means execution if caught. Thus, no one cares to see the wonders of man and machine anymore.
Ticket sales continue to fall as the circus announces a competition to determine which acts will perform for the Emperor on his home planet—an opportunity with the potential to save the circus from bankruptcy. But the competition has deadly consequences. Losing acts have their cyborg implants forcibly removed, and those who survive the extraction are banished from the circus.
As the tinkerer, Gwendolyn is forced to perform the revolting task of removing the cyborg implants from the losing performers. When she falls for the man running the competition and a woman competing in it, she must decide who to protect. But can she risk having to harvest the people she loves most?
- Heavy romantic subplot
- Steam Level (on a 1-10 scale; 1=kisses, 10=erotica): 7-8
- LGBTQ+ romances
- Polyamorous romance/love triangle
- Not recommended for readers under the age of 18. (Please be aware this is not a YA novel.)
- Trigger Warnings: This novel contains graphic violence, sexual content, inappropriate language, and references to eating disorders. Reader discretion is advised.