Meg likes to think of herself as an avid book nerd with an exceptional taste for mac and cheese.
- Writer of adult science fiction and fantasy
- YouTuber: iWriterly
- Publishable co-host
- Creator of Query Hack
- Developmental book editor
- Writing courses and webinars instructor
- Writing Coach: iWriterly & Writers Helping Writers
- Formerly: Literary agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency, magazine editor, newspaper reporter, and medical writer
- Other Interests: Science, nutrition, basketball, long races, circuit training, theater, singing, sleeping, and spending time with her husband and son
Meg LaTorre is a writer of adult science fiction and fantasy, YouTuber (iWriterly), developmental book editor, creator of the free query critique platform, Query Hack, Publishable co-host, writing coach, blogger (Writer’s Digest, Savvy Authors, et al.), and former literary agent with a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism.
Meg LaTorre is a writer of adult science fiction and fantasy, YouTuber (iWriterly), developmental book editor, creator of the free query critique platform, Query Hack, Publishable co-host, writing coach, blogger, and former literary agent with a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism.
On Meg’s YouTube channel, iWriterly, she geeks out on all things books—from the concept to the bookshelves (and everything in between). Spinning off the YouTube channel, she co-launched the monthly YouTube show, Publishable, where experts from across the publishing spectrums discuss which path might be best for your book—self, traditional, or hybrid publishing—and the ins and outs of the modern-day publishing industry.
Meg also launched Query Hack, a query critique platform where writers can submit their manuscript queries or Twitter pitches for free feedback. She has written for publications such as Writer’s Digest and Savvy Authors on topics related to writing and publishing, participated as an editor in Twitter contests, including Revise and Resub (RevPit) and Pitch to Publication, is a Resident Writing Coach at Writers Helping Writers, and can be found teaching online classes throughout the year.
In her free time, she enjoys reading, competitive sports, long-distance races, running after her toddler, and sleeping. To learn more about Meg, visit her website, follow her on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, sign up for her monthly newsletter, and subscribe to her YouTube channel, iWriterly.
- Website: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyWebsite
- Newsletter: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyNewsletter
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyYouTube
- Twitter: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreTwitter
- Instagram: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreInstagram
- Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/BookNerdCommunity
- Additional Links: https://linktr.ee/meg_latorre
A Few Favorite Reads:
- The Nevernight Chronicle series by Jay Kristoff
- SIX OF CROWS and CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo
- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
- The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson
- The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss
- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
- Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
- Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke
- THE SAVIOR’S CHAMPION by Jenna Moreci
- Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard
- TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo
- AN ENCHANTMENT OF RAVENS by Margaret Rogerson
- The Interdependency series by John Scalzi