Thank you for your interest in having Meg speak at your event!
Meg LaTorre is a steamy science fiction and fantasy author, YouTube darling and founder of iWriterly, creator of the free query critique platform, Query Hack, co-host of the Publishable show, and blogger (Writer’s Digest, Savvy Authors, Writers Helping Writers, et al.). Formerly, she worked at a literary agency, and she has a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism.
Meg has been a guest speaker on YouTube channels and podcasts. Her writing has been featured in publications, including Writer’s Digest, Writers Helping Writers (run by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi), and Savvy Authors.
Potential Topics For Interviews
- Writing Fiction Novels (Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance): How to write a book more quickly, overdone tropes, types of editing, how much should you edit your novel before querying/how to tell when your novel is done, writing voice-y characters
- Traditional Book Publishing: How to query literary agents, reasons why books are rejected, the pros and cons of traditional publishing, how to write a query letter, shady publishers to avoid, the different types of literary agents, going on submission, how to tell a book isn’t ready after the first page
- Self-Publishing: Publishing checklist, planning a successful book launch, the pros and cons for self-publishing, how authors can get their books into libraries
- YouTube: Leveraging YouTube as an author, SEO and discoverability, content strategy, how to grow on YouTube
- Author Platform: What is author platform and why is it important, how to create an author platform, defining your author brand, maintaining an author platform on a busy schedule, social media for authors
- Author Websites: How to get your author website discovered on Google, what to put on your website, SEO and discoverability, should authors still blog
- Content Marketing: What is content marketing, how can authors leverage content marketing for increased book sales, video content marketing, social media marketing, content strategy, becoming a thought leader
Want Meg to Speak at Your Event or on Your Online Platform?
Please provide us with additional information by filling out the form below.
If Meg feels this speaking engagement would be a good fit, she will be in touch.