Thank you for your interest in having Meg speak at your event!
Meg LaTorre is a steamy science fiction and fantasy author, YouTube darling, and founder of iWriterly. Formerly, she worked at a literary agency, and she has a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism.
Besides her regular rendezvous with iWriterly viewers on YouTube, Meg LaTorre has been a guest speaker on YouTube channels and podcasts, including The Creative Penn Podcast, DIY MFA Podcast, Daniel Green’s YouTube channel, and many more. She has written for publications such as Writer’s Digest, Writers Helping Writers (run by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi), and Savvy Authors. In addition, The Cyborg Tinkerer has been featured in Writer’s Digest and SyFy Wire, while iWriterly has been featured in the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and Romance Writers of America.
Potential Topics For Interviews
- Writing Fiction Novels (Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance): Writing romance in a fantastical setting, what to do before you write a book, overdone tropes, how much should you edit your novel before querying or self-publishing, writing voice-y characters
- Self-Publishing: How to self-publish a novel, self-publishing checklist, planning a successful book launch, the pros and cons of self-publishing, how authors can get their books into libraries
- Traditional Book Publishing: How to query literary agents, reasons why books are rejected, the pros and cons of traditional publishing, how to write a query letter, shady publishers to avoid, going on submission, how to tell a book isn’t ready after the first page
- YouTube: Leveraging video as an author, SEO and discoverability, how to grow on YouTube
- Author Platform & Marketing: What is author platform and why is it important, how to build an author platform, defining your author brand, social media for authors, how authors can leverage content marketing for increased book sales
Want Meg to Speak at Your Event or on Your Online Platform?
Please provide us with additional information by filling out the form below.
If Meg feels this speaking engagement would be a good fit, she will be in touch.
Thank you for your interest!