Below are online courses taught by iWriterly.
Welcome to how to write a query letter that hooks a literary agent, an online course by iWriterly.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An overview of traditional publishing and how literary agencies work in the United States
- The elements of a query letter
- Ways to format a query letter
- How to personalize a query
- What types of comp titles to use
- How to write a stellar plot summary (also called a story blurb/book blurb)
- Specific vs. vague conflict
- What to include in your bio
- Why signatures are more important than you think
- An example of a query letter
- The best ways to hook a literary agent’s attention
- And more!
You will learn all about how to write a query letter for your novel that hooks a literary agent’s attention as well as insiders into today’s book publishing industry.
*Please be aware that the materials in this class are geared toward aspiring authors living in the United States and writing genre fiction.
WHERE TO TAKE THE COURSE
iWriterly’s How to Write a Query Letter that Hooks Literary Agents course is on Skillshare.