Let’s talk about the pros and cons of traditional publishing, which typically includes getting a literary agent and then a publishing deal at a publishing house.
Topics covered in this video:
- Publishing costs: Who pays?
- The business side of publishing
- Book quality
- Validation and perceived legitimacy
- Literary agents
- Advances (earning out)
- Book marketing
- Trade reviews
- Bestseller lists
- Creative control
- Publishing a series
- How long are books in bookstores?
THIS IS THE SECOND VIDEO IN A THREE-PART SERIES:
- Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing
- Pros and Cons of Traditional Publishing
- Why I Chose to Self-Publish My Debut Novel (An Adult Space Opera)