So, you’re thinking about self-publishing your book? That’s great! But have you considered all of the pros and cons of self-publishing?
Watch this iWriterly video with Meg LaTorre to determine whether or not this publishing path may be right for you and your book.
THIS IS THE FIRST VIDEO IN A THREE-PART SERIES:
- Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing
- Pros and Cons of Traditional Publishing
- Why I Chose to Self-Publish My Debut Novel (An Adult Space Opera)
Big thanks to Nour Zikra, indie author and AuthorTuber, for sharing a glimpse into her royalties when she self-published Divinity Falling. I don’t know about you guys, but I (Meg) found it incredibly insightful to see what an indie author’s royalties could look like (depending on what print-on-demand company and distributor you choose).
SOURCES REFERENCED IN THE VIDEO:
- How Should You Publish Your Book? | Traditional Publishing, Self-Publishing, Indie Press
- Why Books Are Rejected (By Literary Agents & Editors)
- Why Literary Agents & Editors REJECT a Book After the FIRST PAGE: 7 Red Flags
- Why Literary Agents Don’t Respond to Your Query Letter
- TRADITIONAL VS. SELF-PUBLISHING: WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU? | Publishable: Episode 1
- WHAT THEY DON’T TELL YOU ABOUT SELF- & TRADITIONAL PUBLISHING | Publishable: Episode 8
- Author Etiquette & Book Publishing Scams
- I MIGHT SELF-PUBLISH MY BOOK!? | Writing Update: Episode 3
- HOW TO SELF-PUBLISH YOUR FIRST BOOK: Creating a Publishing Checklist
- Changes Are Coming to the iWriterly YouTube Channel