We all want a personalized response from a literary agent. But most times, after a writer sends a query letter, they receive a form rejection or no response at all. Let’s talk about why that is.
In this video, we discuss:
- What is a literary agent?
- What is a query letter?
- How to submit to a literary agent
- What submission materials are typically requested by agents
- Possible response policies for query letters
- The average number of query letters most agents receive
- How much money to agents typically make? (Salaries vs. commission)
- Emailed queries vs. query submission forms
- Why some literary agencies have the policy of no response = a pass on a query letter
- Why literary agents often don’t provide personalized feedback on a query letter
- When to follow up with a literary agent after they’ve requested a partial or full manuscript