In this video, Meg LaTorre of iWriterly (a writer who formerly worked at a literary agency), Courtney (a self-published author who writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox), and Kaitlyn Johnson (a literary agent and developmental editor) answer two questions:
- What are some of the biggest struggles in traditional & self-publishing?
- How can authors combat those struggles?
Additional Topics Discussed in This Video:
- The waiting game in traditional publishing
- The process of getting a literary agent
- Bad agents vs. “schmagents”
- How many books does it take before an author sells their book to a publisher?
- The difficulty of selling a series to a publisher as a debut
- Being “orphaned”
- Marketing support in traditional publishing
- How to figure out self-publishing when you’re new
- Marketing as a self-published author
- Navigating the publishing platforms
- Learning how to publish a book
- Publishing exclusively with KDP vs. wide
- AND SO MUCH MORE!