In this video, Meg LaTorre of iWriterly (a writer who formerly worked at a literary agency), Courtney Young (a self-published author who writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox), and Kaitlyn Johnson (a literary agent and developmental editor) talk about how to write a story that sells, what does it mean to write to the market, and is it even worth writing to market (as either a traditional or self-published author).
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Writing to market vs. chasing trends
- Pros and cons of writing to market
- How can writers strategically write to market?
- Upcoming market trends in book publishing
- How fast do indie authors have to write to chase trends?
SOURCES REFERENCED IN THIS VIDEO:
- iWriterly: Pitch Contest Calendar
- Publisher’s Marketplace
- Nelson Literary Agency Newsletter
- Manuscript Wish List (#MSWL)