Meg LaTorre is joined by Nour Zikra in a two-part collaboration all about author branding. They will talk about how to build a brand as an author: what is author branding, why is it important, as well as practical steps for building your author brand from the ground up.
At its simplest, author branding is you, the author. More specifically, it’s how people perceive you. That includes your personality, what content you post on social media, the type of books you write, as well as the logo, font, colors, etc. But author branding is so much more than a logo.
In this video, Meg and Nour cover:
- What is author branding & why is it important?
- Identifying your target audience
- Brand voice, goals, & culture
- Set up audience expectation
- Unique selling proposition (or unique selling point/USP)
- Privacy vs. oversharing
- Ethical marketing
SOURCES REFERENCED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Branding Mag: What Is Branding And Why Is It Important For Your Business?
- Video Influencers: How to Build a Dream Team as an Entrepreneur (From Scratch)
- Entrepreneur: Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- PubCrawl Podcast: Author Career: Public Persona
WATCH NOUR’S VIDEO:
Nour Zikra graduated summa cum laude from the University of Central Florida with a B.A. in creative writing. She is a YouTube host of a writing advice and humor series. Born and raised for the first decade of her life in Aleppo, Syria, she moved to America in 2004 and currently resides in Orlando, Florida. When Nour is not writing or reading, she makes kissy faces at her turtle, binge-watches shows on Netflix, and endlessly decorates her writing space.
- Website: https://nourzikra.com/
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NourZikraAuthor
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorNourZikra/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nourzikra
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nourzikra/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6032599.Nour_Zikra