Whether you are intending to traditionally or self-publish, learn how to market your book effectively, when to get started, where to invest your money and time, and the dos and don’t of marketing in this two-part series all about marketing your novel.
In this Publishable episode, we will discuss the following:
- Marketing strategies for during and after a book’s release
- Social media marketing
- The dos and don’ts for author websites and newsletters
Publishable is a monthly YouTube live show, where experts from across the publishing spectrums join forces. Learn which path might be best for your book—self, traditional, or hybrid publishing—and the ins and outs of the modern-day publishing industry.
Join our three co-hosts, Meg LaTorre of iWriterly (a SFF writer, developmental editor, and former literary agent), Courtney Young (a self-published author who writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox), and Kaitlyn Johnson (a literary agent and developmental editor), in these monthly one-hour episodes as they dive into the intricacies of publishing.
Episodes will take place on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm EST, run for approximately one hour, and rotate between iWriterly and The Courtney Project. The show’s full playlist can be found on iWriterly.
ABOUT THE HOSTS
Meg LaTorre is a writer of adult science fiction and fantasy, YouTuber (iWriterly), developmental book editor, creator of the free query critique platform, Query Hack, Publishable co-host, writing coach, blogger (Writer’s Digest, Savvy Authors, et al.), and former literary agent with a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism.
- Website: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyWebsite
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyYouTube
- Twitter: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreTwitter
- Instagram: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreInstagram
- Newsletter: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyNewsletter
- Additional Links: https://linktr.ee/meg_latorre
Courtney Young writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox. Sweet love stories (along with the dirty ones) make her gush. She’s a firm believer that a person can never have too many cups of coffee, cats, or happily ever afters. When she isn’t busy writing, she can be found glamping, pimp slapping excel spreadsheets, making YouTube videos, or volunteering for non-profit organizations. Courtney lives in Texas with her astronomy-loving, pilot hubby and black cat named Nibbler.
- Instagram: http://bit.ly/lyraparishinsta
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/facebooklyra
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/courtsyoutube
- Twitter: http://bit.ly/lyraparishtwitter
- Bookbub: http://bit.ly/LPBookbub
- Newsletter: http://bit.ly/lyranewsletterml
- Website: http://bit.ly/lyrawebsite
After receiving a BA in Writing, Literature, and Publishing from Emerson College, Kaitlyn Johnson refused to leave the concept of nightly homework behind. As well as being a junior agent for Corvisiero Literary Agency, she is also a freelance editor at her own company, K. Johnson Editorial, and has worked as a copyeditor for academic publisher codeMantra, a YA editor for Accent Press, and a Conference Assistant for GrubStreet, Boston. She has written various articles for Writer’s Digest and has had a flash fiction story published in the anthology A Box of Stars Beneath the Bed.
- Agency Profile: https://www.corvisieroagency.com/kaitlyn-johnson.html
- Editing Site: http://www.kjohnsonfreelance.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaitylynne13
- Agenting Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LiteraryKat
- Editing Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kjohnsoneditorial/