Whether you are or are intending to traditionally or self-publish, learn how to effectively market your book, when to get started, where to invest your money and time, and the dos and don’t of marketing in this two-part series all about marketing your novel.
In this Publishable episode, we will discuss the following:
- When to market your book
- Marketing basics every author should try to do
- How to overcome the fear of putting yourself out there
- What marketing “typically” looks like for self- and traditionally-published authors
- The minimum amount of marketing traditionally-published authors are expected to do
- Do publishers care if authors actively market their books?
- What authors can do if their publishers aren’t marketing their books as much as they’d hoped
- Bare minimum marketing strategies self-published authors should utilize
- How much of the advance should be put toward marketing?
- How does social media play into marketing?
- How much money can self-published authors expect to spend on marketing?
- Marketing strategies for pre-release
- The dos and don’ts for author websites and newsletters (more to come in episode 2!)
- Cover reveals, blog tours, book tours, distributing ARCs, etc. (more to come in episode 2!)
- Connecting with bookish influencers
- AND MORE!