Ever wondered which publishing path is best for you—self, traditional, or hybrid publishing? Have you always wanted to better understand the nuances of each in order to determine the best home for your book?
Publishable is a monthly YouTube live show, where experts from across the publishing spectrums join forces. Learn which path might be best for your book—self, traditional, or hybrid publishing—and the ins and outs of the modern-day publishing industry.
Join our three co-hosts, Meg LaTorre of iWriterly (a SFF writer, developmental editor, and former literary agent), Courtney Young (a self-published author who writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox), and Kaitlyn Johnson (a literary agent and developmental editor), in these monthly one-hour episodes as they dive into the intricacies of publishing.
Episodes will take place on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm EST, run for approximately one hour, and rotate between iWriterly and The Courtney Project. The show’s full playlist can be found on iWriterly.
Meg LaTorre is a writer of adult SFF, YouTuber, developmental book editor, writing coach, creator of the free query critique platform, Query Hack, and former literary agent with a background in magazine publishing, medical/technical writing, and journalism. On Meg’s YouTube channel, iWriterly, she geeks out on all things books—from the concept to the bookshelves (and everything in between). She has written for publications such as Writer’s Digest and Savvy Authors on topics related to writing and publishing, participated as an editor in Twitter contests, including #RevPit (Revise and Resubmit) and Pitch to Publication, is a Resident Writing Coach at Writers Helping Writers, and can be found teaching online classes throughout the year.
- Website: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyWebsite
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyYouTube
- Twitter: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreTwitter
- Instagram: http://bit.ly/MegLaTorreInstagram
- Newsletter: http://bit.ly/iWriterlyNewsletter
Courtney Young writes under the pen names Lyra Parish and is one-half of the USA TODAY Bestselling duo Kennedy Fox. Sweet love stories (along with the dirty ones) make her gush. She’s a firm believer that a person can never have too many cups of coffee, cats, or happily ever afters. When she isn’t busy writing, she can be found glamping, pimp slapping excel spreadsheets, making YouTube videos, or volunteering for non-profit organizations. Courtney lives in Texas with her astronomy-loving, pilot hubby and black cat named Nibbler.
- Instagram: http://bit.ly/lyraparishinsta
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/facebooklyra
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/courtsyoutube
- Twitter: http://bit.ly/lyraparishtwitter
- Bookbub: http://bit.ly/LPBookbub
- Newsletter: http://bit.ly/lyranewsletterml
- Website: http://bit.ly/lyrawebsite
After receiving a BA in Writing, Literature, and Publishing from Emerson College, Kaitlyn Johnson refused to leave the concept of nightly homework behind. As well as being a junior agent for Corvisiero Literary Agency, she is also a freelance editor at her own company, K. Johnson Editorial, and has worked as a copyeditor for academic publisher codeMantra, a YA editor for Accent Press, and a Conference Assistant for GrubStreet, Boston. She has written various articles for Writer’s Digest and has had a flash fiction story published in the anthology A Box of Stars Beneath the Bed.
- Agency Profile: https://www.corvisieroagency.com/kaitlyn-johnson.html
- Editing Site: http://www.kjohnsonfreelance.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaitylynne13
- Agenting Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LiteraryKat
- Editing Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kjohnsoneditorial/