On this episode of iWriterly, Meg LaTorre does the Author Origin tag (for AuthorTube/AuthorTubers).
AUTHOR ORIGIN TAG QUESTIONS:
- BACKSTORY: When and why did you start writing? How old were you? In which genres did you begin writing?
- PROTAGONIST: What was your first main character like? How have your tastes/muses changed since then?
- ANTAGONIST: What’s the worst writing advice or feedback you ever received? What was your first rejection or confidence-breaking experience like?
- SUPERPOWER: What part of writing or the writing process do you feel is your greatest strength (emotion, showing [vs. telling], drafting, revising, character flaws, etc.)?
- KRYPTONITE: What part of writing or the writing process do you feel is your weakest?
- TRAINING MONTAGE: What strengths or weaknesses changed over the years? Additionally, what have you done over the years to better your craft?
- WEAPON OF CHOICE: What programs have you used over your writing journey? What is your favorite right now and why?
- TRUSTED SIDEKICK: Every Batman has his Robin. What is your favorite companion to cuddle or consume while writing? Has this changed over the years? If so, does this also differ from daytime to night time?
- ZERO TO HERO: When you first began this journey, what level of success did you imagine for yourself? Is where you’re currently at on your writing journey heading for the destination? If not, how has your dream evolved over the years?
- REMEMBER MY NAME: Fame! What authors helped you realize your interest in or passion for writing? What books helped shape your writing style, genre of choice, or tastes?
- MARVEL VS DC: Comparison is dangerous. How has comparing your author journey to others’ dismantled or helped your own? Any advice to overcome this?
- THE OBLIGATORY LOVE INTEREST: Looking back on your earliest projects, what genres have you grown to love or hate to write?
- ARCHNEMESIS: What are the most common excuses you’ve given to yourself or outside forces you’ve overcome that prevent/prevented you from writing your story or crush your confidence?
- SUPERHERO NAME: When you began, did you consider using a pen name? If you’re using a pen name now, why did you decide to use one? If not, why did you use your real name?
- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE: Tag a few of your favorite people to do this tag on their channel!
iWriterly is your go-to resource for all things bookish. Learn how to write and edit your novel, query literary agents, all about the book publishing process, and updates about the book community—including book reviews, book hauls, bookshelf tours, and more.
Meg LaTorre will take you through novel writing: from concept to the bookshelves (and everything in between)… awkwardly. There will also be plenty of bookish nerdiness, complete with bloopers.
JOIN THE BOOK NERD COMMUNITY
Stay up-to-date on Meg’s latest articles, blogs, giveaways, and iWriterly videos by subscribing to iWriterly’s monthly newsletter, Book Nerd Buzz!